Cadillac in Southern Ontario
December 01, 2020, 02:20:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with this site?  (Read 20899 times)
ST Dog
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 09:45:40 PM »

In the code bar type in what it is, ie "beer"

Wrong, "code" is the bulitine board code you type (or get's inserted when you click the images) to generate the smiley.

"Tooltip or description:" is what appear in the text bubble if you let the mouse pointer sit over the image for a second.

The code, should be simple, easy to type, but not common text that someone might type.
The description is where you put longer more detailed descriptions.

If you look, all the ones that came with the forum have descriptions, an the code has a colon (or two)

Only the wink Wink doesn't, and shades Cool and they following the old ASCII usenet/email conventions.
Most of the default set uses the old conventions, as do most email programs.

police has a colon on each end, as do  laugh and angel So did :afro: Afro (before you changed it).
ST Dog
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 09:50:50 PM »

Dog said it could be done from the servers site. I tried it, the Coppermine site you have, and it spit som gargle out about original script.  huh?

Actually, the Misfits site used Gallery2 http://gallery.menalto.com/ and the SMF integration package from http://galleryproject.oldiesmann.us/index.php

The Modified site uses Coppermine and no integration.

It was installed from the hosting site's cPanel tool Fantastico.

guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 07:28:28 AM »

In the code bar type in what it is, ie "beer"

Wrong, "code" is the bulitine board code you type (or get's inserted when you click the images) to generate the smiley.

"Tooltip or description:" is what appear in the text bubble if you let the mouse pointer sit over the image for a second.

The code, should be simple, easy to type, but not common text that someone might type.
The description is where you put longer more detailed descriptions.

If you look, all the ones that came with the forum have descriptions, an the code has a colon (or two)

Only the wink Wink doesn't, and shades Cool and they following the old ASCII usenet/email conventions.
Most of the default set uses the old conventions, as do most email programs.

police has a colon on each end, as do  laugh and angel So did :afro: Afro (before you changed it).

Yep, I figured that out and I have to go in and change a bunch of them so a smiley won't pop up in normal text.

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
Fins

Ridin' Cadillac Style

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 09:08:04 AM »

Looks like your ontoit already. I sent you a PM. Get too it. Lots of time to fix all them.

Now I have some more to steal.

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist  (Misty Blue)
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 09:13:06 AM »

Looks like your ontoit already. I sent you a PM. Get too it. Lots of time to fix all them.

Now I have some more to steal.

Fins

Yep, got it done.

Now, do you have to type in a validation code everytime you send a PM?

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 10:25:51 AM »

I don't

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
1982 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance  SOLD
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »

I don't

Apparently after you have made 5 counted posts, you don't need the validation anymore.

Mike

Fins

Ridin' Cadillac Style

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 08:10:46 PM »

Misfits was the same way. 5 and you're done.

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist  (Misty Blue)
ST Dog
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 12:29:23 PM »

Misfits was the same way. 5 and you're done.

Someone changed it to 1. Don't know who or when.

Also that limit doesn't apply to members of the Admin group, but does apply to other groups, including moderator.

guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2009, 08:44:16 AM »

Posting pictures.

If anyone is having problems posting pictures, here is the procedure to do so.

On the post page, you will see "Additional Options" at the bottom left. Click on that and you will see at that bottom of the menu, "Attach" and to the side of that "Browse"

Click on "Browse" and that will allow you to search your computer for the picture you wish to upload. If you wish additional pictures, click on the "(more attachments)" to the right of the "Browse" button.

You can upload a maximum of 4 pictures od up to 250KB each. Pictures parger than that will not upload and you will bneed to resize them. There are various methods to do this, I just mail them to myself and they are resized to about 75 KB. I use Hotmail for this.

Also, you can use an image hosting site such as Photobucket, as I do. On the picture in the file, there will be a drop down menu as you drag your mouse over the picture. Copy the bottom URL and simply paste it to the body of the text in your post and the picture will be displayed when you post your reply.

STDog will have to verify this, but if you right click on the picture, a menu will appear. Click on "copy image location" then paste to the body of the post. You will then have to place " [img]" before and after the image location you just pasted to the post.

Mike

ST Dog
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »

You can upload a maximum of 4 pictures od up to 250KB each. Pictures larger than that will not upload and you will need to resize them. There are various methods to do this

You could increase the filesize limit.

For resizing I normally use Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.net/)
Picasa is another well liked program (http://picasa.google.com/)

Windows comes with Paint, which can be used for doing it.
And If you have Microsoft Office, it comes with Microsoft Photo Editor.

The normal method is to find the resize or scale option (usually in the Image" menu), then change the height/width of the image (800 pixels is a good size for the larger one, about 600 for the smaller one)

For MS Photo editor you need to change the units to pixels, or use the percetages.
Paint only does a percentage, and you need to be sure to enter the same in both boxes (or it will distort the picture).

Then "Save as" and use a new name/location so you don't replace the original.

Also, you can use an image hosting site such as Photobucket, as I do. On the picture in the file, there will be a drop down menu as you drag your mouse over the picture. Copy the bottom URL and simply paste it to the body of the text in your post and the picture will be displayed when you post your reply.

Or click "More", then the "Get link code" tab and you can choose from "IMG for bulletin boards & forums"
"Full size" for the full image
"Clickable thumbnail" Will show a thumbnail on the forum which you can click for the full size picture.

STDog will have to verify this, but if you right click on the picture, a menu will appear. Click on "copy image location" then paste to the body of the post.

That works for most pictures you can view with a web browser.

You can manually put the tags around the "location"
Code:
[IMG]http://blah.blah/somewhere/somefile.jpg[/IMG]

You can select the location text in the post window then click the "insert Image" button above the smileys

Or, you can click that button first, which will put the tags in the post and put the cursor between than, then paste the location (CTRL-V)
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 10:29:09 PM »

Or, you can click that button first, which will put the tags in the post and put the cursor between than, then paste the location (CTRL-V)

Thanks Dog.

Now, isn't a CTRL-V a Hot Rod Cadillac? 

Mike

ST Dog
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 10:36:38 PM »

Now, isn't a CTRL-V a Hot Rod Cadillac? 

Could be. Not that I'd have the money for an of the V series cars.

Seriously, the keyboard is better for that. Right click can move the cursor on you, and the Edit menu is a long way to move the mouse.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: