Cadillac in Southern Ontario
December 16, 2018, 06:35:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this New Logo the Future of Cadillac?  (Read 2190 times)
CDV 429

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »

Playing around with my jewelry for the Fleetwood ROTY-A, I put a lot of thought into these and I make them look just right with the jewelry I have on hand, my time and my dime, shipping to Canada is $ 35 U.S.  If you get one consider yourself worthy and you passed Mike's background check, I had one more version of the original plaque to finish and I decided to make one more limited edition run with the new plaque design- eight total. All about friendship and having a few laughs amongst devoted Cadillac friends.

Porter

* Cadillac Fleetwood II 001.jpg (199.92 KB, 704x528 - viewed 24 times.)
CDV 429

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 02:26:03 PM »

Getting started, what did you guys think I was pulling your automatic choke or blowing smoke up your butt ? It takes time and we have plenty of that, I'll see what jewelry " The Johnny " comes up with and I'll make a few for him. I take my time and make them much nicer than the original ROTY-A sans the last two, quality not quantity.

Porter   

* ROTY-A router template.JPG (222.45 KB, 704x528 - viewed 24 times.)
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »

Wow! Some interesting combinations there!

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
CDV 429

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 09:46:06 AM »

The Johnny will send me a nice stash of jewelry soon, then I can play around with it and make them look nice. We'll have a few more victims next year.

Porter 
CDV 429

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »

The Johnny is a man of his word, he has the good old time jewelry and that really makes the awards special. He's getting a parcel ready to ship. The new plaque design will look nice with the old time jewelry, meld the old with the new Cadillac. The times have changed guys, we have to go with the flow, if I didn't get this jewelry for free this project is a no go. Nice old time jewelry but what can you do with it ? Cost you a fortune to restore it for a resto car but you use what you have to use if need be. The jewelry gets weathered, some deteriorated pot metal stuff, the plastic emblems get wasted, the plating goes fubar, etc. All suitable for the ROTY-A's though. Is that why it's called the Cadillac ROTY-A , with Redneck textured Douglas Fir plywood ? Yeah, it works for me. Jim Bob's hat and Jiffy Pop - yeah.

They will all be gloss black, I'll send a batch over to Mike next year, him and Gareth can decide who is worthy of receiving one of these gems, you know who you are, the few, the proud, inducted into the Cadillac ROTY-A hall of shame, they'll show you the special hand shake too to make it official ( Mike, better come up with the special hand shake, get on that ).

The Johnny has two and I made three for his CLC chapter buds years ago, I'll kick a few of the new ones back to him for a few more of his buds for laughs.

I decided to keep the legend alive and so it will be. Seven all told plus the router template, see where it goes from here down the road, I'm hard to kill but we all have a shelf life, keep busy and stay alive. If I can't have a good laugh I'm done, it's over.

Porter
CDV 429

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 10:52:04 PM »

Can't say that I'm a fan for the new Cadillac ROTY-A design, the classic is hands-down the way to go. You know what they say, if it ain't broke don't....  

Rene

I'm sorry to say I agree with Rene, but what is done is done. I outdid myself with the old classic animated Cadillac ROTY-A plaque design with the big wing tips. I'm a designer craftsman and I have to admit I really nailed it, I had to deal with some big 50's V jewelry. Rene I can always make a one off custom version of the original design for you, I still have the design template on cardboard  and I can make the final one custom version for you, be like a Bill Mitchel custom built Cadillac, consider it done. You voiced your displeasure ,I listened and I get it . GM got the message too ,get with the program or get your lunch eaten by the Euro rides. When I get the new stash of Cadillac jewelry from the Johnny I can do my thing , gloss black or if you want a custom color let me know.

Well, since you are trooper you'll still get one of the new generic Cadillac ROTY-A's in gloss black, isn't that how it is in these times ? They just stamp out these new cars but you can't complain about the engineering and the quality. They used to buy a chassis and have a custom body built for it back in the roaring 20's but a car was a status symbol back then for wealthy people. Order a new Cadillac with a dozen new paint or interior colors in the 60's.

Be awhile but my word is good, I'll get this done, " my word is my bond " and you take that to the bank but be patient. I have too many projects / irons in the fire if you will but I'll get to it.

I'll use the template for the final ROTY-A to make the last one for you Rene but its going to cost you, Mike and his board of directors will have to decide what the cost for you will be be and it won't be cheap, Mike has to sign off on this directive first before I can proceed with the fabrication.

Porter

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:26:21 PM by CDV 429 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: