Cadillac in Southern Ontario
April 09, 2020, 10:52:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Cadillac today  (Read 871968 times)
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #3495 on: February 13, 2020, 05:04:28 PM »

I have the silver membership which is very good. It has saves my ass a couple of times. I wouldn't be without it. At the very least it gives peace of mind.

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #3496 on: February 25, 2020, 09:02:20 AM »

Yesterday I finally replaced the throttle cable. What I thought would be a fight went easy, but the easy stuff became a fight. I had to swap the bushing at the carb, the new one was too wide, and there was no way to install the cable to the pedal assy. I had to remove it and cut a slot so that the cable and retainer clip could be fitted to the pedal lever. How it was accomplished at the factory is beyond me.

Mike

81 BENY Biarritz

« Reply #3497 on: March 09, 2020, 04:43:05 AM »

Had my Biarritz out for a short cruise around the neighbourhood with the nice weather yesterday.  She started right up as if she hadn't been parked for the last four months so I was impressed.  Still getting to know her.  Ran great and got her back in the garage without incident (she is a tight fit in the single car garage with all the other stuff packed around her).  So it was a good Cadillac day!  Anyone else?

Ronnie

« Reply #3498 on: March 09, 2020, 07:15:31 AM »

Now that the roads are bare and dry I'm going to take mine out for a spin as well. I was thinking of maybe a short trip up the 403
to Brantford and back. That should recharge the battery and get the kinks out from sitting around all winter.

RON

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'15 Chevy Malibu
'19 Buick Encore
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #3499 on: March 11, 2020, 03:05:24 PM »

Spring is in the air! I'm counting the days until I can get my caddy's out of storage.

GJ

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
1982 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance  SOLD
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #3500 on: March 12, 2020, 01:35:48 PM »

Sold the Concours today.
 I was a bit sad to see it go but the guy that bought it said he might fix the headgaskets or maybe put another Northstar in it.

GJ

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #3501 on: March 13, 2020, 09:28:57 AM »

Is it gone now?

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #3502 on: March 13, 2020, 09:30:57 AM »

Yup. Guy showed up with a tow truck at 2 PM and
 Was gone in 15 minutes.

GJ

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
Ronnie

« Reply #3503 on: March 22, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »

WTH ? !  I went out to start the Eldorado just now and there was a cracked open, empty nut shell of some sort laying on the
floor mat. It was certainly too big for a mouse to have.  I don't know what it was but something, somehow got inside my
car. I sure hope it isn't going to set up house.  I checked under the hood, the trunk and interior and there are no rust holes
to give them access and there is no evidence of a nest for whatever it was.  The only thing I can think of are squirrels.
The woods out back are teeming with the little buggers but why would they want to get in my car ? I guess shacking up in
a Cadillac is better than living in a garden shed. I guess it's time for the mothballs.

RON

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'15 Chevy Malibu
'19 Buick Encore
CDV 429

« Reply #3504 on: March 22, 2020, 10:16:57 AM »

I have chipmunks running around the yard , they have underground tunnels , when I had my cat she would kill all of them. Anyway I went to change my air filter years ago and it was packed with white ash whirly gig seeds if you will , they fall off the tree and spin around but they could only pack the horn part of the air cleaner , the varmints like cars for shelter , I meant to install a screen on the intake that runs up to the radiator housing but I never got around to it , I've had acorn shells on top of my intake manifold before too , its kind of bizarre.

Porter
Ronnie

« Reply #3505 on: March 22, 2020, 10:56:51 AM »

As cute and destructive as they are we fortunately don't have chipmunks in our part of the upper city but
just a few miles east, closer to the country, I've seen them and they can stay there.  Over the past year
or so I've noticed that there are fewer squirrels running around my backyard. That could be because of
the coyotes that live in the cemetery on the other side of the bush behind us.  There are 6 of them that
live there. That's probably why we don't see any wild rabbits, stray cats, skunks and racoons anymore
either.

RON

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'15 Chevy Malibu
'19 Buick Encore
KevinW

« Reply #3506 on: March 22, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »

WTH ? !  I went out to start the Eldorado just now and there was a cracked open, empty nut shell of some sort laying on the
floor mat. It was certainly too big for a mouse to have.  I don't know what it was but something, somehow got inside my
car. I sure hope it isn't going to set up house.  I checked under the hood, the trunk and interior and there are no rust holes
to give them access and there is no evidence of a nest for whatever it was.  The only thing I can think of are squirrels.
The woods out back are teeming with the little buggers but why would they want to get in my car ? I guess shacking up in
a Cadillac is better than living in a garden shed. I guess it's time for the mothballs.

RON

If the plastic mesh at the base of the windshield is missing or has deteriorated, this fresh air inlet area could serve as an entry point to the interior via the A/C recirculate door.  It's normally vacuum operated, however, it could be forced open against spring tension from the outside.  Better check under the seats because discovering an exit strategy would be more difficult!
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #3507 on: March 23, 2020, 11:06:35 AM »

I don't have any problem with chipmunks but squirrels have done a lot of dammage to my property.
Luckily they go for the shed and leave the cars alone.
 I have been told that they are quite tasty. I might just BBQ A few of them.

GJ

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
81 BENY Biarritz

« Reply #3508 on: March 23, 2020, 04:38:13 PM »

RON

Ron, any chance that you tracked it in on the bottom of your shoe?  I know the squirrels are pretty active right now as they are building nests in the tops of two big trees behind our house, but I can't imagine that there is any hole big enough that they would be able to make their way in that you wouldn't notice.   If it is mice I hear that dryer sheets like Bounce work well and they won't stink up the inside of the car like moth balls do. 
Dave
Ronnie

« Reply #3509 on: March 23, 2020, 05:59:49 PM »

Anything is possible but I think if I had tracked it in I would have felt it under my foot. Pam says the nut is a hickory.
We have a large hickory tree in the backyard and there are many more out in the bush and there is a lot of land
where they could be buried. If anything they are looking for food and maybe they found this one buried in the front
lawn.
I see them all the time looking for nuts.
Did you know that squirrels don't remember where they buried stuff ? They find it by sniffing the ground in the area
they buried it in.
They can't get in through the air vent under the windshield. That area is covered with a body panel that the wiper
blades park under and that space is too narrow for a squirrel to get in. In the weeks to come I will be driving the
Eldorado more often and that might just scare them off.

RON

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'15 Chevy Malibu
'19 Buick Encore
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: