Cadillac in Southern Ontario
October 22, 2018, 10:13:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Cadillac today  (Read 639487 times)
RONNIE

« Reply #3270 on: October 01, 2018, 02:00:21 PM »

Squirrels are really large rats with bushy tails and yes, they are very destructive. There are 6 acres of city owned bush that butt up
against my backyard. It consists mostly of nut bearing trees like oak and hickory and there are A LOT of squirrels back there. There
are homes on 3 sides of this nature park and a street on the other side. Last week, when I went to get the mail from the community 
mail box, I counted almost 20 running around and digging in the grassy area on the street side so I'm assuming that in those 6 acres
there has to be 50-60 squirrels living there. I have a large hickory tree and my neighbours have even larger oaks in our backyards.
The squirrels seem to spend more time in our yards than they do out in the park. They are running around looking for places to bury
nuts and they have destroyed all of my wife's potted plants digging in the soft soil and scratching around in the lawn looking for nuts
that fell off the hickory tree when they ravaged it a few weeks ago. Every day I was in the back picking up a disposing of what nuts
they dropped from our tree when they spent 3 days binge eating hickory nuts leaving one hell of a mess on the lawn and when they
finished the went to the oaks and now there a oak leaves and acorn husks on the grass and the deck.
In the spring they ate and destroyed all the tulips that we had planted in the backyard so they are very destructive and I would like
to see a city sponsored cull to reduce the population of these oversized rats.

RON

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'09 Dodge Caliber
'15 Chevy Malibu
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #3271 on: October 11, 2018, 10:44:00 AM »

I've been having overheating issues with my Concours. It would run from 89C to 120. One day it went to 144.
Yesterday I put a new thermostat in. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get at. I guess there are some things on that car that are easy to get to. It got up to 110 before I topped it up then I let it idle for 20 minutes to get all the air out.
Once pressurized it stayed between 94 -98C.
I'm going to take it for a drive today to make sure it maintains proper temperature. I also removed the purge line and blew through it to make sure it was clear.

GJ

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
1982 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance  SOLD
KevinW

« Reply #3272 on: October 11, 2018, 10:53:18 AM »

I also removed the purge line and blew through it to make sure it was clear.

The purge line is fed by a small orifice in a bolt; this is the part that usually gets plugged by circulating debris.  Idling for 20 minutes won't purge all air, which is why there's a procedure to increase engine RPM above 3000 for brief periods.  If this is not followed, the remaining air pockets will be purged a test drive and the surge tank will require topping off.
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #3273 on: October 11, 2018, 01:28:24 PM »

I did idle it above 3000 several times in that 20 minutes

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #3274 on: October 11, 2018, 03:12:00 PM »

Topped up the coolant and gave it a good run on the highway.
It stayed right on 91. When I got home I let it idle 10 minutes in my driveway. It didn't go any higher than 97.
It does have a hint of a misfire. I checked the codes and got PC1707 which confirms a misfire but it was a history code.
I'll put a new set of plugs in and see if that helps.

GJ

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: