Cadillac in Southern Ontario
December 01, 2020, 03:46:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ruthven Car Show CISO 2019 ROTY-A  (Read 5332 times)
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2019, 09:52:33 AM »

Well my N* isn't in the scrapyard....yet.

GJ

If you give up on it I might take off your hands.

Rene

I'm going to go look at what appears to be a really nice Lesabre next weekend. If it's what it appears to be I'll buy it on the spot. Problem is I have nowhere to park it. How soon can you come get the Concours? I'll want something for it though as I've put a lot into it. It comes with full service records since new and both FSM.
GJ

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
1982 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance  SOLD
CDV 429

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 07:12:03 AM »

You guys stole the show with your ROTY-A's, the other guys must have thought these Cadillac guys don't "*#&" around, they hand out custom awards at their car shows as if we were trying to show them up, anyway who won the people's choice awards ?

I boxed up all of my leftover jewelry to send to Mike but I'm going to hold onto it, I have enough to make a few more, I have some more plywood to work with but if you go to the bone yard grab some more jewelry. The old time jewelry is long gone so the new plaque design was mandated.

Like an OCD drug addict I just can't give it up ........ LOL  If we get any new club members that are worthy, will stay with us and if they can pass Mike's background check I'll make a few more, I actually enjoy making these, they made the 2019 car show very memorable, its nice to put a face on everyone. Meghan's award was the best one of the bunch by my design / intention.

Porter
CDV 429

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »

Okay, I'd like to know who won the people's choice award or any other awards at the car show, all they got was a generic award from a trophy shop. We didn't need their awards, we had our own awards. I'm getting the " itch " to make some more already but my jewelry stash is getting pretty thin these days. The Johnny told me he had some friend that would strip all the jewelry off Cadillac's at the boneyard and give it all to him ( a nutcase like me ), that was my major source for the jewelry but I wiped out Rene's stash too. I only have enough jewelry to cobble together a few more. We all had a Redneck funny time at the car show.

Porter
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 01:01:37 PM »

There were 3 awards.
The Cadillac award went to a 31 V12 roadster.
Lincoln award to a 21 limousine.
Imperial award to a very nice 69 which I got to go for a ride in and I drove a LT1 powered 88 Brougham. That was fun!

GJ

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
1982 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance  SOLD
CDV 429

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019, 07:44:17 PM »

The old classics will win every time, they aren't easy to own though. You wouldn't believe what my mechanic friend went through with his 1917 Buick, he insisted on keeping the ball bearing wheel bearings and he had a machinist turn new bearing races and he had them heat treated. You can easily convert the bearings to roller bearings but nooooooo. He sent the radiator to the only place that restores them in Maine, U.S. no less.  He ran my Evapo Rust product that I use for tools through the cooling system to clean that up and the rear axle uses a 900 W gear oil if you can believe that. You can't buy a new distributor cap or spark plugs for it either unless you want lose an arm or a leg. I found him some nice hubcaps on eBay because they always get beaten to h*ll. I spent three weeks restoring his wood spoke wheels for him. It only has 14K mileage and even the interior and top is all original so someone stored that car very well. He told me it has a top end of 40 MPH so at least you can drive it locally, the new tires were like $ 1,100 and most people think these cars are worth a fortune, it costs you a fortune to own one ..............

Porter

* Ray 1917 Buick 001.JPG (146.86 KB, 704x528 - viewed 165 times.)

* 1917 Buick 1.JPG (60.38 KB, 640x480 - viewed 168 times.)

* 439.JPG (191.12 KB, 704x528 - viewed 164 times.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:50:54 PM by CDV 429 » Logged
CDV 429

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2019, 07:15:00 AM »

Geez, I must have watched the video five times, only thirteen views on Yoo Toob, Mike said we are a small but tight knit group, I think the awards pulled the club together but we need some new members then I can make some more Cadillac ROTY-A's, they are just too d*mn funny. Rene will get his Jim Bob's hat and Jiffy Pop soon, a picture would suffice but he told me he'll make a funny video for us. You can never have too many " fifteen minutes of fame " , I got " fifteen minutes of fame " times ten.  then Mike can show him the secret handshake and make it official, induct Rene into the CISO Cadillac ROTY-A " Hall of Shame " !

I was fortunate to have some nice Fleetwood jewelry for Mike's award back in 2008, the green color should have been darker but don't tell me that's not his favorite Cadillac. I made Gareth's award in 2012 , used like five coats of clear coat,  2019 I went nuts and I made ten just to use up the jewelry so the Cadillac ROTY-A legend lives on. I have enough jewelry to cobble a few more together but I need more Cadillac jewelry to work with. It was time to keep up with the times and go with a newer plaque design, I got tired of the old one so its been retired. Maureen and Rene got the last two of those and I used my special old time jewelry on those.

Porter

* Mike ROTY-A's.jpg (114.39 KB, 922x692 - viewed 166 times.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 05:06:35 AM by CDV 429 » Logged
madcaddyman

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 10:24:38 PM »

ROTY-A legend lives on. I have enough jewelry to cobble a few more together but I need more Cadillac jewelry to work with.

Be careful what you wish for Porter.....

Rene

* s-l1600.jpg (432.98 KB, 1600x901 - viewed 173 times.)

12 CTS 3.0
98 STS 4.6 Sold
95 Fleet 5.7 Sold
94 Fleet X2 5.7 Sold
93 Eldo 4.9 Curent
93 Allante 4.6 Sold
93 Seville 4.9 RIP
93 Fleet X3 5.7 Sold
93 STS X2 4.6 Sold
90 Eldo 4.5 Convert Sold
89 Fleet 4.5 RIP
88 Deville 4.5 RIP
86 Deville 4.1/4.5 Sold
86 Fleet 4.1 Sold
84 Eldo Convert 4.1
CDV 429

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 05:23:03 AM »

Whoa ........... a huge stash, a Fleetwood sea of joy, the hood ornaments are highly prized. These things take time, I have to start all over again with the plaque design and the size because I broke the mold, that's the fun part, then I have to play around with the jewelry and get them to look just right. I like Kevin W's ROTY-A the best because I used the Harley Earl chrome trowel, the jewelry spans like six decades. You guys will probably do the Ruthven car show next year so I have plenty of time. Maybe we'll get a few new members by then. We all had a few good laughs, we'll see if the Lincoln guys come up with some awards for their " crue " but I doubt it. Get pictures of the Lincolns and Chrysler's next time, they built some nice rides, they weren't going to let Cadillac eat their lunch.

If I have the Cadillac jewelry I'll make some more Cadillac ROTY-A's. At this point we are legendary or just a " legend in our own minds " but I'm okay with that. I still do a little woodworking, troubleshoot, turn wrenches and spray paint so I'm still in the game, be self sufficient and do it yourself, I work on small engines now.

We'll call it the Gang Of Six hanging up on my Redneck garage.

Porter

* ROTY-A group photo 001.JPG (101.99 KB, 564x423 - viewed 154 times.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:06:00 AM by CDV 429 » Logged
CDV 429

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2019, 07:14:10 PM »

I saw a few Cadillac's leaving the show in the video so our luxury car brand of choice was well represented, I have a hunch Rene our CISO Cadillac 2019 ROTY-A  MVP is going to send me some more jewelry to use. I'll make some more for next year if I have the jewelry, " it ain't over till its over ".

Rene got his Jim Bob's hat and his Jiffy Pop so Mike has to show him the CISO Cadillac ROTY-A secret handshake now or Gareth can show him too once Mike comes up with the secret handshake............. That's a Johnny Washburn joke.

The best CISO Cadillac ROTY-A video by far ! We might just be legends in our own minds but I'm okay with that and it works for me, I've been there and done that and so have you guys , if you want to challenge me pack a lunch because it will be a long day ...........

I owed Maureen a Cadillac ROTY-A so you guys can thank her, The Johnny and Rene tossed in some more jewelry so I made as many as I could and everyone got one but we had to have a victim so Gareth was the fall guy but he took it pretty well. It was payback time for Mike so he had a good laugh. BTW Gareth was that was 2012 and we nailed you pretty good, all just for laughs. Anyway if we get there next year we will have another victim, maybe a new CISO member.

Porter
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:25:15 AM by CDV 429 » Logged
Jon
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2019, 07:26:08 AM »

I've had mine mounted in our TV room above the TV since I got back from the show. Seems to be a good home for it as I get to enjoy it every day.

68 Buick Wildcat Custom Convertible 455 4bbl (Wild Kitty)
85 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (Chester)
92 Buick Roadmaster Wagon (Peach)
96 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Collector's Edition (Rocky) - RIP
21 GMC Canyon Denali Crew Cab
GM Engineering
CDV 429

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2019, 08:13:18 AM »

I got to admire them here, I hung up a few of them. They are a little humorous but a nice memory from the car show.

Porter
CDV 429

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2020, 05:55:18 PM »

I still don't know what happened or who was at fault. Maybe Rene could shed some light because I think he saw it.
I checked my blind spot, checked my mirrors, saw no one, then started merging into the left lane. Half way through the turn I do another blind spot check and realize I'm heading into a minivan and I swerve back into the right lane as he start laying on the horn.
I don't know if I missed him on the first check, or if he shot up beside me mid-merge.   I adjust my mirrors after to shrink the size of my blind spot.

Those small round stick on convex mirrors come in handy , and does the passenger side mirror say " objects may be closer than they appear " ? Too funny the cars back in the 60's just had a small round mirror for the driver's side so somebody finally figured out big mirrors on both sides of the car is better.

We got all iced up here last week like a 1/4" thick on the windshield, you can't ever scrape it off with a scraper , I used my heat gun to deice my mirrors and I let the van run for 20 minutes to defrost the windshield.

Porter

CDV 429

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2020, 06:20:22 PM »

We made the car show special last year , I set a new record and I made 10 , The Johnny had a good time with his two buddies and their Cadillac ROTY-A's , Jim Bob's hats and Jiffy Pop , Johnny's wife was in stitches so we all had a few laughs , one for the archives and you have one hanging on your wall to remember the car show good times. I might make a few more but no more mass production , I built these for " Mr. Cadillac " Mike Jones , we bleed Cadillac but only the older ones. Any new ones will be a one off custom job like no other ones,  my jewelry stash is limited but I can cobble together a few more for a few special Cadillac friends. We blew the doors off of the Lincoln / Chrysler guys but they don't have a nutcase member in their car club like me , as Maureen Jones said " Go big or go home " .

Porter
81 BENY Biarritz

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2020, 04:37:50 AM »

With the weather turning and our cars going into hibernation, here are a few pictures that I took at the first show that I brought my "new" car out to.  Sure this year wasn't too good but here are some good reminders of better times that must certainly lay ahead.  Thought that it might brighten your day.  Anyone have any others?   Dave

* 20190623_143348_resized_1.jpg (383.77 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 11 times.)

* 20190623_143357_resized_1.jpg (502.99 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 13 times.)

* 20190623_143320_resized_1.jpg (398.59 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 9 times.)

* 20190623_143133_resized_1.jpg (378.58 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 9 times.)

* 20190623_143311_resized_1.jpg (462.1 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 8 times.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: