Cadillac in Southern Ontario
November 17, 2018, 03:23:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Cadillac ROTY-A plaque  (Read 93 times)
CDV 429

« on: August 31, 2018, 10:32:13 AM »

Time to unveil the new Cadillac ROTY-A plaque design ............ boo , hiss ! I'm partial to the old plaque too but we have to keep up with the times, Cadillac couldn't use that old crest anymore, it was too 40's - 70's. We have to go with the flow and the times, it will still accommodate a big V and script, or plenty of smaller jewelry applied with a trowel. New car styling isn't always accepted but it grows on you after awhile. It was time to retire the old ROTY-A crest design, if you have one its now a collector's item. We have a few more club members that are worthy, they earned it. We'll accommodate them in due time when they least expect it, in Canadian Redneck Candid Camera style. I doubt we'll ever top the Gareth video though, we nailed him good ! Mike outdid himself on that one.........................dooh ! If you can't take a joke you need to find a new hobby for snowflakes ! Boo hoo, they hurt my feelings ......... call the PC police !

Porter 

* New plaque design 001.JPG (144.65 KB, 704x528 - viewed 13 times.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:35:05 AM by CDV 429 » Logged
The Johnny

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:16:05 PM »

Porter,

Nice will see if I have any jewelry left to add to you collection.

The Johnny
CDV 429

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 07:41:39 PM »

No worry Johnny, I still have a huge stash, the choice old time jewelry is mostly gone but I have plenty of 60's - 80's stuff but suit yourself, send over your surplus not to be used jewelry, you gave me most of the old time choice stuff years ago and all got put to good use. I should lay it all, take inventory and get a picture. You approve of the new plaque design ? This is for down the road, I have to scrounge up some free Redneck plywood and cut the blanks so we got plenty of time. Might you be interested in a few of the new ones with ( the modern ) plaque design, have a little fun with the Rocky Mountain Chapter next year ? Couldn't just let the ROTY-A die out now could we ? What would we do laughs ?

Porter 
CDV 429

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »

Johnny,

My stash has been picked clean of the good old time jewelry sans the current one I'm working on, if you can send some more over I'll get a couple more ROTY-A's sent back to you and you can have a little fun with those jokers in your club chapter. Its all your guys jewelry and my labor. The new Cadillac jewelry doesn't do it for me for the most part, we are old school. 

Porter

* Plasti dip tool resto 005.JPG (248.93 KB, 704x528 - viewed 12 times.)
CDV 429

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 08:06:03 PM »

It took me awhile but the new ROTY-A Cadillac crest plaque design has grown on me, heck I only designed it two days ago to get a feel for it, its contemporary, clean and functional, I only copied the GM design almost to scale, I could have animated it a bit but it looks good. Its not carved in stone yet but I usually nail it down on the first design but don't tell Bill Mitchell that but yeah, he would get it right on the first production run, we won't be tweaking this profile once we roll with it.

The old ROTY-A Cadillac crest plaque I made it a little more animated to accommodate the big V's but I thought it was well enough to just leave the profile alone this time.

Now most of you guys wonder why I do this ? Because I can, its a Cadillac club thing amongst good friends and I'm a designer craftsman woodworker, this is just like a little hobby. If you want a good laugh " Go big or go home ", good laughs don't come cheap.

I need the Johnny to replenish my supply of jewelry. You guys thought the ROTY-A was retired ? Hell no, its time for the second generation of ROTY-A's, we have a few more worthy club members and we will accommodate them accordingly, a few more funny videos for the archives, CISO is alive and well, we just need a few more dedicated Cadillac enthusiasts to join us. How do you get one of them there Cadillac ROTY-A's ? You have to join CISO and be worthy then the board of directors will vote and decide.

Porter  

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 05:16:55 AM by CDV 429 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: