Cadillac in Southern Ontario
September 24, 2018, 12:21:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadillac ROTY-A The Final Chapter  (Read 89 times)
CDV 429

« on: August 26, 2018, 02:30:25 PM »

All good things come to an end at some point, I'm using the router tracer blank for the last one, equivalent to breaking the mold. I have some old choice 40's Cadillac jewelry for this one, donated to me by Jeff Maltby of 49 Cadillac fastback fame. Who will be the lucky recipient / victim this time ? Stay tuned, Canadian Candid Camera will provide us with another good laugh, be patient, it'll be awhile, a little entertainment for the fall season. I can't break tradition, I'll have to toss in a Jim Bob's hat and some Jiffy Pop to make it official.

Here's a sneak preview for you. I go to all this trouble and expense for my good friends, you want a good laugh ? Go big or go home, good laughs aren't cheap, geez I'd be a stand up comedian and make a lot money if I had that talent. We use whatever talent we have at our disposal, we know how to work on cars so we share that knowledge here but lets not take it too seriously, its not rocket science. As my mechanic told me once his mechanic dad said " When you know what you are doing its awfully simple, if you don't it can be simply awful ". We've all been down that road before, I tackle new repair projects, as Mike will tell you the first time is hard and the next time is easy, experience is the best teacher and that applies to all trades.

Porter  

* ROTY-A The final chapter 001.JPG (224.41 KB, 704x528 - viewed 18 times.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:32:39 PM by CDV 429 » Logged
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 10:11:22 AM »

I am so looking forward to seeing this one!!  thumbs up

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
The Johnny

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »

Porter,

I think my ROTA's would be worth more if you were dead???

Na just joking.

The Johnny
CDV 429

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 05:17:34 PM »

The man, the legend, Mr. Cadillac the Johnny has honored us to join our forum once again. Well maybe someday they will hit the market and be in demand, a rare collectible but that could take decades ......... LOL So if you have a Cadillac ROTY-A you're a rock star, if you have two of them you have been inducted into the Hall of Shame with full honors, and MVP, captain of the Cadillac car collecting hobby. I think Mike has you beat Johnny, he has six Cadillac's now, he's like a drug addict, when is enough - enough ! -  Unless you have bought a few more Cadillac's recently. The Johnny is a collector of the older classic Cadillac's, at least you can work on them yourself and he drives his but I think he just likes to turn wrenches, for some of us that is the hobby. And when you need a grocery getter they are ready to roll, go grab an ice cream, a Sunday drive, a club driving tour. The Johnny sent me a ton of jewelry, old time classic jewelry.I made three for his club buddies. Oh, he was pulling my automatic choke with Sheriff Pat, he was a wanna be sheriff, a cowboy hat, a badge and a pair six guns and he thinks he's a sheriff. Sometimes the joke is on me.

So here is the Johnny's fleet, but I think he has a few more Cadillac's inside that garage. That's his Lasalle in the picture too, might be his favorite ?

Porter 

* The Johnny's fleet.jpg (63.97 KB, 624x414 - viewed 12 times.)
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 06:59:49 PM »

Man, would I love to display my "Fleet" all at once... But it could never compare to the Washburn garage.

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
CDV 429

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 11:08:22 PM »

The Johnny has a 56 and a late 40's sedan too. Maybe someday he'll finish all of them and retire, nah. Keep turning wrenches, that's what keeps you going just watch out for those busted knuckles, you always need more new tools too, that never ends. They keep coming out with some new cool tool designs too - I gotta have some of those .... funds permitting. New tools and restoring old tools are my drugs. ( and of course a few cold beers ).

Porter 
CDV 429

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »

It looks nice in white primer but we have a special color for this one, somebody's name is written on it, their favorite Cadillac color. Gonna be tuff to beat Gareth's video, that was the benchmark but we can try, need a good plot for that, my producer is working on it.

Porter

* B&S 15 hp head gasket done 002.JPG (189.79 KB, 704x528 - viewed 12 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: