Cadillac in Southern Ontario
September 21, 2018, 08:46:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Mystery Oil and Top Tier Gasoline Usage  (Read 2449 times)
CDV 429

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 05:49:09 PM »

MMO is an old school product. Basically AFAIK its a detergent oil of sorts and it has a nice wintergreen smell. Some guys like to add a little ATF to their engine oil. I use ATF or MMO squirted into the carburetor for a little engine de- carbonizing on small engines. Usually before an oil change you are a little low, you can add some ATF or MMO for the last 100 miles or so to clean up the engine a tad. It has many uses, you can add it to your gas too. Some mechanics say you can de - carbonize your engine by using water sprayed into the carburetor and basically what it does is it creates steam in the combustion chamber. Now the experts like Mike " The Wizard " as some call him can weigh in. I have many small one cylinder engines that are old but run like new, I've been re torquing the head bolt gaskets with my new clicker torque wrench and those head bolts do loosen up, they actually recommend you remove the flat head and clean the piston top and the valves with wire brushes and replaces the head gasket after so many hours, I would like to do that to some of my one cylinder engines. They start easily and run sweet if you keep after them, stay away from the ethanol gas or shut you gas tank petcock and drain the carb before you store it for the off season.

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/our-history/

CDV 429
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 09:25:56 PM »

I have never put much stock in additives, but I have made that clear for quite some time. There are all too many snake oil products out there. Maybe there was a time that there was a benefit with MMO, but engines from the 20's and 30's were a very different from those of today.

With this whole thread EAM, I have to wonder you're motivation. Will all of Canada be saved from this? We have never had it here, yet we seem to get along just fine without it. Pouring light mineral oil into our tanks will do nothing, even if it does have that sweet wintergreen smell.

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
EAM

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2018, 06:42:58 AM »

I have never put much stock in additives, but I have made that clear for quite some time. There are all too many snake oil products out there. Maybe there was a time that there was a benefit with MMO, but engines from the 20's and 30's were a very different from those of today.

With this whole thread EAM, I have to wonder you're motivation. Will all of Canada be saved from this? We have never had it here, yet we seem to get along just fine without it. Pouring light mineral oil into our tanks will do nothing, even if it does have that sweet wintergreen smell.

Mike
  MIKE:  My motivation is to try and pass on the benefit I have already received by using MMO in four different cars which gradually has kept those engines purring like a kitten; however, if this product wasn't good for our engines then I would need an explanation why it has been selling so well since 1923 to millions of car owners. Let us wait until Ron makes his trip back and forth from Florida.  Most times when I go into Wal-Mart to get a couple of bottles they are out but restocked soon enough.  All I can say is to each his/her own, don't use it if you do not have any interest. Just because it is not readily available in Canada doesn't make it snake oil; hope you try it someday.  EAM

EAM
CDV 429

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 08:48:39 PM »

I like MMO, it has other uses around the garage, its basically a detergent oil, it has other uses besides adding it your crankcase oil like for lubricating tools that move. I use it for small one cylinder engines, add a few ounces to the crankcase when you are low and after a few run hours before you change the oil. Yeah, it has that nice wintergreen smell too .......... LOL Some guys ATF that way before an oil change. Its like a Ford, some guys swear at them and some swear by them.
If you like your Ford you can have your Ford.

Porter  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: