Cadillac in Southern Ontario
September 21, 2018, 08:44:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Mystery Oil and Top Tier Gasoline Usage  (Read 2447 times)
EAM

« on: January 22, 2018, 02:16:48 PM »

How many of you guys and gals use marvel mystery oil and top tier gasoline?  EAM

EAM
57chevyowner

Last cruise of 2015

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:28:24 PM »

The only Marvel I know is Agents of Shield  Wink; and I use the cheapest gas, always, for all my cars.

Sam

Owner:  Maid O'Mud Pottery
1957 Chevy Belair "Karma"
1967 Chevy Van (C90)
1981 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz TS "Cali Dreamer"
2006 Cadillac DTS "DCC (Dirt Coloured Caddy)"
2014 GMC Sierra 5.7
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 03:58:55 PM »

I have never used it. I haven't even seen it here.

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
RONNIE

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:53:27 PM »

I checked the internet and they are both are branded products in the U.S. Some companies will put goofy names on their products to get your
attention hoping that the name will make you buy it. As far as I'm concerned, except for the really cheap stuff and synthetic, motor oil is motor
motor oil and without taking octane into consideration gasoline is gasoline. When buying from the major manufacturers one is as good as the other.
I also agree with Sam. Because gasoline in Canada is so expensive I too go where it's the cheapest. This morning around the corner at the Husky
station, gas was $1.26 per liter. There are 4.5 liters in a Canadian gallon so at $1.26 per liter our gas would cost $5.67 gallon.
In the U.S a gallon is only a piddly little 3.78 liters so at our prices a U.S. gallon would cost $4.76.

RON
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:28:28 PM by RONNIE » Logged

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'09 Dodge Caliber
'15 Chevy Malibu
EAM

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 03:20:35 AM »

I checked the internet and they are both are branded products in the U.S. Some companies will put goofy names on their products to get your
attention hoping that the name will make you buy it. As far as I'm concerned, except for the really cheap stuff and synthetic, motor oil is motor
motor oil and without taking octane into consideration gasoline is gasoline. When buying from the major manufacturers one is as good as the other.
I also agree with Sam. Because gasoline in Canada is so expensive I too go where it's the cheapest. This morning around the corner at the Husky
station, gas was $1.26 per liter. There are 4.5 liters in a Canadian gallon so at $1.26 per liter our gas would cost $5.67 gallon.
In the U.S a gallon is only a piddly little 3.78 liters so at our prices a U.S. gallon would cost $4.76.

RON
[/quote  RON:  I completely understand your thinking; hopefully things will get better for all of you in the future.  EAM

EAM
RONNIE

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 08:19:06 AM »

EAM, If you mean hoping our gas prices will get better, we aren't going to hold our breath waiting for that happen.
Gas prices here seem to go up more than they go down. I wouldn't be surprised if the tragic sinking of that oil
tanker with all hands last week gave the oil companies an excuse jack up gas prices again.

RON

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'09 Dodge Caliber
'15 Chevy Malibu
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 09:03:36 AM »

Marvel makes more than comic books?
 I guess everyone has to diversify.

GJ

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
1982 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance  SOLD
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 09:33:17 AM »

What I do know about Marvel Mystery Oil is that it has been around for a very long time. Old timers would use it religiously making all sorts of claims of benefits. But so far as I have determined, it's essentially snake oil in today's marketplace.

As far as gas, it is beneficial to buy gas from a name brand station. While all gas comes from the same big tank, it's the additive that are added to the gas after it's loaded in the tanker, or blended by the company between the big tank and the tanker. It's these additives that produce the desirable results we need in today's gasolines. Cheaper off brand gasolines tend to not have these additives, and as a result some undesirable characteristics can result.

But so far as additives, there is one that seems to be part and parcel of today's gasolines. That's ethanol. It's destructive to older cars, and in particular small engines. Add that it contains about half the heat energy of gasoline, so it has the effect of decreasing your fuel economy. Ethanol is politically driven, and it's a net negative fuel, meaning that you get less energy out of it than is required to produce it. Ethanol as a fuel does have its' benefits, however they cannot be realised in the environment of vehicles today. It's best to seek out stations that do not add it, and if there is one locally, stick to them.

So far as being given a break on the price? That's laughable. Our current government is so tax hungry, and prescribes to the lunacy of carbon taxes, prices will go up rather than down. There already has been talk about that within the Wynn government. More taxes, and the increase of the ethanol levels already in the gasoline.

Mike

EAM

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 11:50:37 AM »

GUYS AND GALS;  I suggest you all get to your internet and google: "What is Top Tier gasoline and then google What is Marvel Mystery Oil";  you all will be satisfied with the information and what the affects are on our engines.  Canada's Top Tier gasoline is Exxon, Shell, BP Valero Mobil, etc; Marvel Mystery Oil has been used by motorist since 1923 and believe me it is not snake oil.  I use both Top Tier gas and "Marvel Mystery Oil in all my four cars and I know the engines are running much better and quieter. I understand your gas is much too high compared to the States (except for Leftist California) where we are down to $2.469 per gallon for Exxon, Shell, etc. in most of New England.  Canada is still one of my favorite countries.  EAM  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:00:12 AM by EAM » Logged

EAM
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 08:42:55 AM »

I have read a fair bit on MMO. I have read claims that it has done this and that, but so far I haven't found any hard evidence that it does any good. Or anything as to just what it really is.

Remember Slick 50 and its' claims? Real tests proved that it did nothing at all. It is still sold, but only as a general additive with no claims made.

Mike

EAM

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »

I have read a fair bit on MMO. I have read claims that it has done this and that, but so far I haven't found any hard evidence that it does any good. Or anything as to just what it really is.

Remember Slick 50 and its' claims? Real tests proved that it did nothing at all. It is still sold, but only as a general additive with no claims made.

Mike
  MIKE!  MMO has been around since 1923  and the claims are legitmate; Slick 50 may be what you say but not in the same class as MMO and is not salable as it was before but MMO is very salable at least in the USA.  Check around with some guys who have been using it, or try it yourself a few times and you might be convinced like I was.  EAM

EAM
RONNIE

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 02:06:41 PM »

It's not available here in the Great White North but is available at Wal-mart in the U.S. for $16.00 a gallon.
Next time I go to the outlet mall in Niagara Falls N. Y. I'll check it out. There's a huge Wal-mart next door.

RON

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'09 Dodge Caliber
'15 Chevy Malibu
EAM

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 03:12:52 PM »

It's not available here in the Great White North but is available at Wal-mart in the U.S. for $16.00 a gallon.
Next time I go to the outlet mall in Niagara Falls N. Y. I'll check it out. There's a huge Wal-mart next door.

RON
RON:  That's a good price at Wal-mart; Amazon is selling it for $24.35 per gallon which in most cases is much higher than Wal-mart in their products, so be careful what you buy at Amazon.  Ron, you'll see you will like what MMO does for your engines.  EAM

EAM
KevinW

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 03:21:45 PM »

MMO is a light mineral oil with some red colouring and a small amount of oil of wintergreen (like some chewing gum).  A small amount shouldn't hurt anything, and might even help to lubricate high pressure mechanical injection pumps, but too much would lower the effective octane rating of the fuel.
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 09:20:57 AM »

In other words, little or no benefit. Except what you stated. I regard it as the placebo effect.

Mike

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: