Cadillac in Southern Ontario
September 24, 2018, 01:18:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadillac Cadette  (Read 377 times)
RONNIE

« on: January 18, 2018, 06:26:48 PM »

Yesterday I was looking to see who was looking at what on-line. One of our guests was looking at a story about the 1978 Cadillac Cadette.
I don't care for reading long winded items on line but this piqued my curiosity so I printed it off and read it at my leisure later.
I found it hard believe that this thing (?) actually existed ( or did it ?). It was bad enough that they tried to turn a Chevette into a Cadillac
but what they did to it is laughable, using an 16 hp Briggs & Stratton commercial engine with a cylinder activation system for power.
The comments by this article's on-line readers was an interesting read with some sounding like this thing actually existed and others who
treated it as some sort of an elaborate joke or fairy tale, especially the part about a roof mounted dynamic braking system.
The story goes on to say that even though they actually sold a few that GM scurried around buying them back and scrapping them when
they realized how bad it was and they wound up like the old Avro Arrow, taken out of existence and everything about it destroyed, crushed
and buried.
Was the Cadillac Cadette a short lived reality or just a nightmare ? I don't know what to believe.

RON

'85 Eldorado Biarritz
'09 Dodge Caliber
'15 Chevy Malibu
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:36:48 AM »

Can you link this article?

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
EXCRUISERGUY
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 12:03:37 PM »

cadillacinsouthernontario.com/index.php?topic=1568.0

Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

1993 Sedan De Ville
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
1996 DeVille Concours
1982 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance  SOLD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: