Cadillac in Southern Ontario
June 22, 2018, 11:41:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 FCCI Show  (Read 896 times)
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 08:33:55 AM »

Wow!! I hope it's all OK!

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
57chevyowner
Global Moderator

Last cruise of 2015

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »

Bill Wells was there as were a number of caddies I've seen in the past and have parked with us over the last few years.  Names escape me, but I always recognize cars.  People remembered me (or maybe my hat Wink and we had some nice conversations.

Amphi cars were running again for charity.  The dancing tractors were back!!  I can't even think how many hours of practice go into making square dancing with tractors look easy and fun.

The friday night before the show, Steve held a cocktail party to meet and greet with the celebs and some of the long time volunteers that help make the show run smoothly.  I met Gene Winfield (90 and still doing body work demos at the FCCI show!) and the guys from Vegas Rat Rods, as well as a few local celebs.  Dress was casual (jeans & Ts were fine) so everyone was comfortable.  It was held in the Salon, and because it was a lovely evening spilled out onto the lawn.

Because our local club as been in charge of parking for the last few years, things were much smoother and the lines to get in on Saturday were limited to only a few minutes wait at worst.  We've got a system worked out, and as shown on Saturday, worked very well.

The Oldsmobile Club had a display area this year.  That was a nice change and fun to see them all grouped together.

Finally car count not in yet.  I'll update when I find out.  Show was huge, tho, as we did need the back 40 acres.

Sam

Owner:  Maid O'Mud Pottery
1957 Chevy Belair "Karma"
1967 Chevy Van (C90)
1981 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz TS "Cali Dreamer"
2006 Cadillac DTS "DCC (Dirt Coloured Caddy)"
2014 GMC Sierra 5.7
guidematic
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 09:56:46 AM »

The weather was certainly great for the event. I expected there would be a huge turnout, as there always is. By any measure it's one of the great car shows in the world today, and it takes a huge amount of effort and organisation to pull it off. Like you say, things get refined over the years so they become easier and work better. Hats off to all the volunteers that make it happen. The Friday night event would have been a lot of fun.

No doubt some of the Cadillac owners were looking for that spot. We do seem to gravitate to one another.

Mike

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169 - Lucille
1987 Brougham 6DW69 - Victoria
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69 - Vera
1991 Seville STS 6KY69 - Clara
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69 - Joan
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1BL52
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: